Tuesday 2 June 2015

Collaboration in Action! By Miss O'B

Ngaere, Inglewood, Stratford and Toko begin student collaboration in Year 7 & 8

The NITS cluster of schools (Ngaere, Inglewood, Stratford and Toko) have come together to cross fertilise our growing learners in a technological world. We are collaborating! Here are some Year 7 & 8 reading, analysing and commenting on students work from the other through their blogs and email drives. In return the students from afar are doing the same. It is causing quite a buzz in Room 5!
Questions arise like: Who commented on what?  I can see how I can change that? What else can I put up to get feedback on? I wonder what this vocabulary word or phrase means... etc.
Here are some students comments on the process and how they feel about it all.
"Getting feedback from people and listening to their opinions has made me a better writer" Rowan S
"I like going onto class blogs and seeing what other classes are doing" Josh
"I like looking at the set learning goals feedback. It makes me rework my work based on their comment" Conor
"Hearing feedback is cool. I take their comments on my work, work on it and fix them up. It helps with my next time to take it and learn from it. I also like getting all the new ideas." Rowan C
"I enjoy looking at other schools blogs and getting some ideas to put on my blog" Molly

So as you can see we are all enjoying the experience....below collaboration in action!!


No comments:

Post a Comment